Saturday, February 25, 2006

PROJECTION OR PLASMA OR LCD


It's been several months.  I'm now a total fan of the projection system (see photo of my cave.)  This is not only huge at 90-inches, but this Optoma 2000 lumen projector is compact, "sufficiently" bright, and admittedly my first step into high-def TV (Olympics were awesome).  Ok, it's not great in a bright room.  For that, it's either a pricy plasma or LSD screen, or I use the old-fashioned floor model TV set (for the grandkids or when I want to save on lamp time). For less than a grand (Best Buy), this thing is perfect for a 2 or 3 year bridge to 'the next big thing' in home electronics -- which appears to be Sony's light emitting diode displays.  Further, this works great for many on-site video jobs, where the room is dark, and the audience is 50 or less.  Set up my Yamaha 'loud' speakers, and we have a pretty impressive video display and sound system. 

No comments: