Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"The Brain" is for thinking

animation2 I have been looking at mind-management software for years. I used the Mind-Jet "Mind Manager" mapping tool in my former corporate job, organizing ideas and project details in free-form -- by myself and with teams. It was perfect for think-tanks, but not animated. I was aware of 'The Brain' but it somehow seemed too simplified, basic and rigid in it's early versions. But who would not like animated thought boxes and expandable tags, search, calendaring and HTML export? Now, a decade or so later, The Brain Technologies, has come out with a more robust version that appears to be a good reason to drop $100+ on cool software. And of course they have a free version for testing. This product is classic "dynamic mind-mapping" software that lets you link your ideas, files and web pages "the way you think." (I'm not sure what that means ... it's their term.) Better that you visit their website at http://thebrain.com -- in fact, take 'The Tour' movie while you're there to see and hear it in motion ... and attend any of their online seminars. Yes, this has more than text and images, it has motion and interaction ... which makes it cool and useful for my purposes of scripting, video planning, project management -- even travel journalism.

No comments: